Headlines News :
Home » , » Midterm Analytical Essay

Midterm Analytical Essay

Written By Admin on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 | 9:50 AM




Writing for me becomes an arduous task if I feel like the topic only has a certain length in which I can elaborate. Beyond that I am just searching for fill and needless elaboration. I ran into this problem once I had addressed each question, researched the answers, and was left with a half a page of blank space. Organization was another problem. Similar points were made in all different parts of the paper and there was no cohesion or flow in my paper. Once I had the help at the studio though my thought process changed and more length was easy to add once I got the fresh perspective.   The one thing I noticed when writing an argument paper is it is easy for me to choose a side and back it up with research.
Besides learning a lot about how Wikipedia.org works and how it started and became what it is today, I learned a lot about how to make a concise argument and how to spot the claims and warrants of the argument. I found that my writing attempts to be humorous once
I have reached a dry spell of information. I think this mimics my own personality or rather is just my personality slipping through. I also learned better ways to prove a side to an argument. These ways make writing much easier as well as proving my points for the essay.
The most surprising thing about this project was the difficulty in spotting the warrant and even the claim of the website. It wasn’t very clear so I had to theorize about what I think the website claims and what underlying information is to be understood by that claim. Another surprising thing was the amount of time it takes to find an appropriate website to research for the project. I was stuck between around 13 different websites before settling on wikipedia.
Some helpful suggestions made at the studio were addressing the claim, support and warrant more clearly and more in depth. It was not overtly obvious that I had overlooked something as easily fixable as that. Another problem was my organization with the visual aspects
of the paper. I had them strung all over my essay. So once I had corrected some of the organizational problems my paper seemed more coherent and had more continuity.
If I had more time to work on the essay I would look for a more in depth explanation of the support of the argument. I would describe the process for verifying articles and elaborate on what wikipedia has changed over the years to keep articles truthful. I think with more time I could add length and more support to the claim and warrant. But overall I am happy with the work done in the time allotted.
The essay was a good learning experience for me. I have never written a paper like this before so it was a new and different kind of writing for me. Spotting the elements of an argument is not always easy but spotting the elements of the claims of websites is completely different all together. But once you see that everything has a side or a claim and identifying it helps you understand arguments and how to respond to them.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2011. We CAN Fix Education - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template